Frequently Asked Questions
- Why isn't my state or city listed on your Schedules and Tickets page? When will The Greatest Show On Earth® be coming to my town?
- How do I get a job with Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey®?
- Does Ringling Bros.® have a merchandise safety program?
- How do I send mail to a performer in the show?
- I hear you give free tickets to the show to newborn babies. How do I get one?
- I have a free ticket voucher for my newborn. How do I use it?
- I have a question about your free ticket for newborns program that isn't addressed in this FAQ page. Where can I find answers?
- How can I become a performer in The Greatest Show On Earth?
- What is the All Access Pre-show?
- How long is the performance?
- I have a question about a relative who once performed with Ringling Bros., or a question about a part of circus history not found on your site. Can you provide information?
- When is the Ringling Bros. train passing by my town?
- What is the difference between the Red Unit and the Blue Unit?
- Can you give me some information about animal care at The Greatest Show On Earth?
- I am a teacher looking for materials to use in my classroom. Can you help?
- Can I bring my camera or video camera to the show?
- Do I need to purchase a ticket for my infant child who will sit on my lap for the entire show?
- Do you have special discounts for children's tickets?
- What was Barnum's Kaleidoscape? Will it ever tour again?
- Who do I contact regarding a question or comment about Ringling Bros.?
- How do I become a Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® clown?
1. Why isn't my state or city listed on your Schedules and Tickets page? When will The Greatest Show On Earth be coming to my town?
Our Schedules and Tickets page presents information about all currently scheduled performances of both traveling units of The Greatest Show On Earth. We are constantly adding new cities to our schedule, so if you don't see your state listed, please visit our Web site again soon.
Performance schedules are updated continually, but there will be cases when states in which we appear every year are not listed. For example: Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey traditionally performs in Florida in January. Once our shows complete their Florida performances, it will be several months before the following year's shows are scheduled and added to the site. Until that time, Florida will not appear as a choice on our Schedules and Tickets page.
A good rule of thumb to remember is that we generally play a particular part of the country around the same time every year. So if you saw us in early Spring last year, there's a good chance we'll be back in your area around that same time this year! Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey performs within 90 miles of every major city and metropolitan area in the United States. We even play some limited engagements in Mexico and Canada. We currently do not have traveling units outside of these areas.
2. How do I get a job with Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey?
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with Feld Entertainment®. Please send a letter, along with your resume and any other pertinent materials, to the following address:
Feld Entertainment, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
8607 Westwood Center Drive
Vienna, VA 22182
3. Does Ringling Bros. have a merchandise safety program?
Ringling Bros. is committed to the safety and quality of all the products sold at The Greatest Show On Earth. We have had and will continue to have a comprehensive quality assurance and safety testing program. All of our products meet or exceed U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) mandatory safety requirements and other voluntary toy safety standards recommended by the American Society for Testing and Materials. Our products are rigorously tested by an industry-leading outside laboratory to ensure those high standards are always met. You can feel confident in the safety and quality of all Ringling Bros. products. We understand you may have some questions or concerns about our toys in light of recent news regarding toy safety. Your questions are important to us and we encourage you to let us know about any questions you may have about any Ringling Bros. products by calling (800)755-1530, (703)448-3683 outside the United States, or send an email to QA@feldinc.com .
4. How do I send mail to a performer in the show?
You can send your letters to the address below, and they will be forwarded to the performers. If you can, please be specific which Unit (Red or Blue) with which the performer appears. While performers like to hear from their fans, please be aware that they have a busy travel and performance schedule and may not be able to respond back to you. The address is:
Feld Entertainment, Inc.
8607 Westwood Center Drive
Vienna, Virginia 22182
5. I hear you give free tickets to the show to newborn babies. How do I get one?
We appreciate you making Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey part of your newborn's life and your family's celebration. To learn more about our Free Ticket for Baby's First Circus, click here.
6. I have a free ticket voucher for my newborn. How do I use it?
Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey free ticket vouchers can be redeemed at the arena box office only. The voucher can be exchanged for a ticket good for ONE performance of The Greatest Show On Earth in any North American city in which we perform (the continental United States). You may purchase your other tickets at the same time.
7. I have a question about your free ticket for newborns program that isn't addressed in this FAQ page. Where can I find answers?
Please click here to access more detailed information about our Free ticket for Baby's First Circus program.
8. How can I become a performer in The Greatest Show On Earth?
We receive many messages from folks who want to join the show-and rest assured, we are constantly on the lookout for new talent. You can send your resume and/or a videotape of your act to our Talent and Production department for consideration. Send your information to: Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Attention: Mr. David Kiser, 8607 Westwood Center Drive, Vienna, Virginia 22182. We cannot forward email messages to Mr. Kiser.
9. What is the All Access Pre-show?
The All Access Pre-show begins one hour before show time, and is available to all ticket holders at no extra charge! During the Pre-show, you will be able to be on the arena floor and experience The Greatest Show On Earth up close in ways you never could before! After the show, please revisit Ringling.com and email us to let us know how you enjoyed it! Please note that Educational performances do not include a Pre-show.
10. How long is the performance?
The Greatest Show On Earth lasts approximately two hours, with a 15-minute intermission. But don't forget, The All Access Pre-show (see FAQ #9) begins one hour before show time, and is available to all ticket holders at no extra charge! In some cities, we present an Animal Open House that begins 90 minutes before show time. Click here for more information about the Animal Open House, and to check whether an Open House is being held in your city.
11. I have a question about a relative who once performed with Ringling Bros., or a question about a part of circus history not found on your site. Can you provide information?
Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to research specific information requests. However, you might to want to contact Circus World Museum, where you may find the answers you need. Good luck with your research!
12. When is the Ringling Bros. train passing by my town?
Unfortunately, schedules for train travel are very erratic, and can sometimes run as much as 12 hours early or late. Also, there are occasions when rail travel is so heavy that routes are changed with very little notice. Therefore, it would be impossible to accurately (or even semi-accurately) report when and where people would specifically be able to see the train on the move.
13. What is the difference between the Red Unit and the Blue Unit?
Each year that The Greatest Show On Earth comes to your area, the show is entirely different and completely new! We have two traveling units -- the Red and the Blue -- that each tour North America 11 months out of the year. Each unit tours for two years, returning to Winter Quarters on alternate years to prepare a brand-new edition of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey. How can you tell the difference between the Red Unit and the Blue Unit? The Red Unit presents the odd-numbered editions of The Greatest Show On Earth, while the Blue Unit presents the even-numbered editions. Both units travel roughly the same tour schedule around the country, so if you saw the Blue Unit last year, you'll see the Red Unit this year. In all cases, every time The Greatest Show On Earth comes your way, rest assured it's an all-new production that's never been to your city!
14. Can you give me some information about animal care at The Greatest Show On Earth?
Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey has more than 135 years of experience working with and caring for exotic and domestic animals. The Ringling Bros. menagerie typically includes Asian elephants, tigers, horses, dogs, zebras, camels, and llamas, but varies depending on the current productions on tour. To learn more, check out Amazing Animals.
15. I am a teacher looking for materials to use in my classroom. Can you help?
Yes. At The Greatest Show On Earth, we believe that Ringling Bros. offers unique and vibrant learning opportunities -- opportunities that we are delighted to share with you and your students. For a valuable resource of activities, lessons, and more, visit our Education Center.
Be sure to explore our teacher-friendly circus-themed curriculum activities that we know your students will enjoy. You can also register to obtain access to dozens of additional activities – all based on national standards and adaptable for a wide range of student levels!
Love animals? Then be sure to add the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Center for Elephant Conservation® to your list of favorite bookmarks. Visit us often for the latest information about our ever-growing herd of Asian elephants.
Want to instill in your students the value and benefits of physical fitness? Then visit us at CircusFit – a fantastic new fitness program from Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey! It's designed for students just like yours as it celebrates the athleticism of the talented performers at The Greatest Show On Earth.
Want more? Visit our online store to obtain reproductions of antique circus posters to brighten up your classroom walls. You can also find DVDs featuring highlights of the shows, plus behind-the-scenes stories about the legendary Ringling Bros. circus train, the Center for Elephant Conservation, and how we search the world to find the great performers you see in the show.
16. Can I bring my camera or video camera to the show?
The taking of still photographs, motion pictures and audio or video recordings of this copyrighted performance for commercial use is strictly prohibited.
17. Do I need to purchase a ticket for my infant child who will sit on my lap for the entire show?
In most arenas, children under 2 are admitted free provided they sit on a parent or guardian's lap. However, public event laws vary nationwide from county to county, and some arenas may require all patrons, regardless of age, to have a ticket. Please contact your local arena to confirm their specific policy.
18. Do you have special discounts for children's tickets?
Often, discounts are available for children through special local promotions while the show is in town. Please contact your local Ticketmaster representative or the arena box office to find out about any specific discounts that may be available in your area.
19. What was Barnum's Kaleidoscape? Will it ever tour again?
Barnum's Kaleidoscape was an intimate, elegant one-ring circus that made circus history as it toured coast to coast from 1999 through early 2001, receiving rave reviews at every engagement. An engagement in New York's Bryant Park November 21 through December 31, 2000, marked the first time ever that a Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey production had been presented in a tent in Manhattan . During the run, veteran entertainment critic Clive Barnes wrote, "This is the kind of show for which God invented the circus."
21. Who do I contact regarding a question or comment about Ringling Bros.?
You may contact us directly by email at email@example.com , by mail at Customer Relations, 8607 Westwood Center Drive, Vienna, VA, 22182.
22. How do I become a Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® clown?
If you are interested in finding out more about how to become a Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® clown, please forward a portfolio/resume, head and full body shots and a DVD featuring a thorough representation of your skills to:
Feld Entertainment, Inc.
Attn: Talent and Production Department
1313 17th Street E
On the DVD, please state your full name, where you are located currently and the date of the taping clearly. Please include a full length head to toe shot of yourself during your introduction. Label the DVD with your name, height, location, date and length of video
Most importantly, the DVD should include sufficient information to allow for an understanding of your physical appearance, ability to display exaggerated facial expressions, display of your athleticism or any unique physical skills, an understanding of your comedy, as well as a sense of your personality and why you want to be a clown with The Greatest Show On Earth®.
Our talent scouts travel the globe looking for new acts over 300 days a year, and as such, we will only acknowledge those parties with whom we are interested in having further conversations.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER